We ultimately want sustainable seafood to be the only choice for consumers and we are looking for an experienced and successful advocate to play a key part in our work to influence UK businesses and the general public to adopt responsible seafood buying practices. This role will develop exciting campaigns and communications and develop influential relationships which support our seafood buying advice, promote our Good Fish Guide and extend its reach.
Our aims are ambitious, and require campaigns that are bold and progressive, creating a positive impact with our wide range of stakeholders, from businesses to NGOs and the general public. You will be part of a passionate team - able to draw on our existing high-level expertise in fisheries & aquaculture, campaigning, and communications – where you will act as a key spokesperson to bring new focus on our work.
The Marine Conservation Society (MCS) is at the heart of the movement to protect and restore our seas. We are the UK’s leading marine charity and we have played a central role in bringing about the current focus on marine plastics. We are determined to drive that momentum - ensuring that our actions create changes that will protect the future of our planet.
- Excellent communicator and proven ability to simply communicate complex scientific messages to targeted audiences and able to show how these communications have influenced the audience.
- Experience of running projects and/or campaigns which have resulted in the desired changes to business practices.
- Good attention to detail and ability to undertake some repetitive tasks.
- Knowledge of wild capture and farmed seafood production and associated environmental impacts.
- Good team player, who is able to work remotely from their immediate team.
- Previous experience in the seafood, environmental NGO, commercial procurement sectors
- Experience using and growing social media accounts.
- Knowledge of seafood food supply chains and traceability.