Instructions to Applicants: Click on the "Apply now" button. Input your information in the appropriate Sections: personal information, language proficiency, education, resume and motivation. Upon completion of the first page, please hit "submit application" tab at the end of the page. Please ensure that CV or P11 and the Cover letter are combined in one file.
Personal CV or P11, indicating all past positions held and their main underlying functions, their durations (month/year), the qualifications, as well as the contact details (email and telephone number) of the Candidate, and at least three (3) the most recent professional references of previous supervisors. References may also include peers.
A cover letter (maximum length: 1 page) indicating why the candidate considers him-/herself to be suitable for the position.
- UNDP will cover the cost of travel of the individual to the duty station, as well as their return to their home upon completion of their services. Travel costs are covered only in the event that the function will be undertaken physically in the duty station and excludes working from home arrangements.
- Official travel to GFCR priority countries might be required as determined by the workplan of the Fund Secretariat. However, this is dependent on the changing narture of the current pandemic as to if and when travel will be required.
- Office/Unit/Project Description
The Global Team is an independent structure under the Global Fund for Coral Reef Executive Board and administratively hosted by the UN Multi Partner Trust Fund Office (MPTFO). While hosted within the MPTFO, the Global Team will work closely with relevant focal points of the Participating UN Organizations (UNDP, UNEP, UNCDF) and the Investment asset management team.
The Global Team directly supports the GFCR Executive Board and manages the day-to-day management and operation of the Fund. The Global Team has management, technical, and operational expertise, and one of its primary roles is to develop the Fund investment plans and manage approval of project or programme proposals in accordance with financial decisions made by the GFCR Executive Board and in open collaboration with the Investment Window partners. The Global Team guarantees that successful innovative blended solutions are developed in accordance with agreed-upon objectives and criteria specified in the Terms of Reference and criteria specified in the Standard Operations Manual.
The Deputy Head of Fund Secretariat will report to the Head of the GFCR Fund Secretariat.
Duties And Responsibilities
Scope of Work
The Deputy Head of Fund Secretariat will provide the following functions:
- Provide effective support to the Executive Board and key technical committees (such as the Scientists Advisory Group) in order to implement the GFCR Investment Plan;
- Ensure close collaboration with the investment window on financial structuring and management of cash flow to effectively sequence blended finance solutions;
- Engage with GFCR multilateral and other donor partners for additional resource mobilization;
- Identify and actively pursue opportunities for strategic and operational partnerships, including within the UN system, multilateral and bilateral donor governments, foundations, international NGOs, and other appropriate sources;
- Leverage opportunities and synergies with resource mobilization initiatives through vertical funds such as GEF, AF and GCF;
- Support pipeline development in selected GFCR countries;
- Prepare the Fund annual narrative consolidated reports and any substantial update to the GFCR EB;
- Oversee the development and the implementation of the Global Team project annual work plan.
Leadership: Plans and acts transparently, actively works to removes barriers
- Creates awareness of substantive opportunities and risks among others;
- Navigates complex circumstances thoughtfully and is solution-minded.
Communication and relationship management: Gains trust of peers, partners, clients by presenting complex concepts in practical terms to others
- Persuades others to embrace new ideas, even when controversial;
- Empathizes with client perspectives and needs and communicates messages with the clients’ experiences in mind;
- Creates opportunities for developing new client relationships.
Innovation: Creates new and relevant ideas and leads others to implement them
- Integrates diverse contributions to formulate coherent approaches;
- Aligns innovation to service delivery components;
- Manages prototype / pilot efforts and seeks feedback.
People Management: Models high professional standards and motivates excellence in others
- Coaches team members to appropriately share knowledge across teams;
- Addresses conflicts in a timely, sensitive manner; escalates to leadership when appropriate;
- Recognizes members of the team for their efforts and successes;
- Optimizes individual and team abilities.
Delivery: Critically assesses value and relevance of existing policy / practice and contributes to enhanced delivery of products, services, and innovative solutions
- Anticipates constraints and identifies solutions;
- Expands capacity of team to deliver on time, on target, and within organizational standards;
- Ensures high quality of work in terms of both substantive depth and adaptive relevance to client needs;
- Accepts responsibility for implementation / team deliverables / client satisfaction consistent with organizational standards;
- Exhibits thorough organizational awareness of UNDP’s approach to client service delivery and integrity and accountability;
- Exhibits sound judgment and the ability to make reasonable decisions in complex situations.
Technical Abilities: Originate
- Catalyzes new ideas, methods, and applications to pave a path for innovation and continuous improvement in professional area of expertise.
- In-depth and up-to-date knowledge and understanding of the UN system and the mandates of constituent agencies, including with UN corporate standards and language requirements.
- Non-profit Organization Management
- Management Consulting
- Financial Services