Nova Southeastern University (NSU) was founded in 1964, and is a not-for-profit, independent university with a reputation for academic excellence and innovation. Nova Southeastern University offers competitive salaries, a comprehensive benefits package including tuition waiver, retirement plan, excellent medical and dental plans and much more. NSU cares about the health, welfare and its students, faculty, staff, and campus visitors and is a tobacco-free university.
We appreciate your support in making NSU the preeminent place to live, work, study and grow. Thank you for your interest in a career with Nova Southeastern University.
NSU considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status or any other legally protected status.
1. Teaches eight (8) courses or activity equivalents in general marine biology, and other upper-level marine biology courses per year in various formats as necessary (on-campus days, on-campus evenings, off-campus, online, etc.).
2. Participates in curriculum and/or program development, as assigned.
3. Be accessible to students, according to College guidelines; maintains regular office hours for student advising and consultation.
4. Conducts scholarship/research activities.
5. Serves and contributes to appropriate college and university committees.
6. Provides community service and participates in university, college and departmental functions that contribute to campus life, such as athletic events, orientations, receptions, commencements, etc.
7. Attends meetings as required.
8. Performs other duties as assigned or required.
Required Education: Doctoral Degree
Required Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
1. Knowledge of coral reef research, deep sea ecology and fish biology/fisheries.
2. Proficiency in use of computer hardware and curriculum related software.
3. Ability to seek and obtain external funding.
1. Experience or interest in developing online courses.
2. College-level teaching experience.